How to Apply
Do you qualify for finance?
Peulwana considers all applications for production input finance, however, the enterprise must have a business plan. Peulwana can assist with drawing up the business proposal.
To be considered for finance, you must:
- be a South African citizen or a permanent resident
- be a registered entity, including sole traders with a fixed physical address
- have infrastructure to farm
- having an off-take market will be an advantage
- be domiciled in South Africa
- have a written proposal or business plan that meets Peulwana’s loan application criteria
- demonstrate willingness and ability to repay the loan
- have provided personal and/or credit references — if available
- have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- NO LIVESTOCK – Peulwana only supports crop farming
Who does not qualify for finance?
Peulwana considers all applications at any stage of the business, with collateral or not. However, there are some entities that fall outside the scope of businesses that the company funds. These are:
- Purchase of land/farms
- Start-up farming operations
- Tree-fruit production
- Farmers who have defaulted on government loan programs
- Farmers who are under debt-review
- Farmers who are in the credit bureau
- Unrehabilitated insolvent shareholders and/or directors of applying entities
Commodities we Support
The Screening Process
If you have read through, understand all the above and have everything in place, fill in the below form to complete your screening before you are considered.