Peulwana Agricultural Financial Services (Pty) Ltd was established in 2009 and we are passionate about the growth of emerging black farmers. Peulwana Services is a farmer-centric agricultural financial services who sole aim is to assist smaller farmers to be able to access funds on favourable and flexible terms. Peulwana is accredited as a financial intermediary to the National Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development under the MAFISA credit program. NCR No: CP4700
- Agricultural small-scale farming entrepreneurs who have already have pre-defined market with a profitable outlook over the medium to long-term
- Small-scale agri-businesses who have secured “off-take” contracts with retailers/or related formal markets
- Co-operatives whose products fall within those of the above
- Agri-businesses operating in under-served rural and peri-urban areas
At Peulwana Agricultural Financial Services we are familiar with the plight of the small and medium –scale farmers who face adverse and very hard barriers to entry into the agricultural sector, especially access to start-up capital and resource investment. Therefore, we assist these farmers to be able to grow and tip the scale of the economic inequality that currently prevails in the agricultural sector.
Relying on investment from both public and the private sector, Peulwana aims to unlock the sector by providing credit to small and medium-scale farmers, agro-processors and co-operatives along the agricultural value chain. In addition to this Peulwana Agricultural Financial Services provides project management for rural agricultural development initiatives. Our services include:
- Facilitating access to loan finance for agricultural enterprises.
- Assisting farmers and other agricultural enterprises to develop commercially sound business plans,
- Facilitating access to technical support and linkages to markets – we start with the end in mind).
- To ensure sustainable growth, we provide financial oversight and governance while nurturing farmers and entrepreneurs from small-scale to commercial.
- Reliable and timeous provision of financial services once assessments and approvals have been completed
- We offer Project Management services for PPP interventions and other agri-projects.
“Peulwana Agricultural Financial Services will not do anything that does not benefit the farmer”
Seasonal loans are provided for agricultural contributions such as seeds, fertilizers and chemicals used to produce seasonal crops such as green maize, tomatoes, etc. Loans are to be repaid in full at the end of the season when the products are sold.
Short term loans
Short term loans are provided for a period of one year. A short term loan can be used to finance inputs for a poultry farm, agri-processing facility, marketing agricultural products or for financing inventory of an input supply shop. Repayment of a short term loan is on monthly basis depending on the income generation capacity of the business.
Business Development Support services
In addition to providing loans, Peulwana Agricultural Financial Services provides a range of business development services to its clients. These include development of business plans, linkage to markets, cooperative development services, linkage to technical support services etc.
Other supports services
We provide financial oversight and governance while nurturing farmers and entrepreneurs from small-scale to commercial. We offer Project Management services for PPP interventions and other agri-projects.
To grow more small and medium scale farmers to become commercially viable and profitable and join South Africa’s mainstream market in support of agricultural development programs.
To contribute to South Africa’s economic transformation and inclusive growth.
To be a leading enabler of development in the agricultural sector in South Africa by providing financial and related services
- We are client focused, enterprise-centric and enterprise-orientated
- We leverage on partnerships for the benefit and growth of our clients
- We act with integrity and transparency in all our dealings
- We are accountable for all our actions
- We perform our duties with empathy and dedication